4. IMD has MURDERED SHAME in an OPEC, oil-rich Nigeria to the point that so many Nigerian leaders and their crony elites who fly to other progressive OPEC countries (e.g., United Arab Emirates/Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait) for medical treatment or vacation, do NOT feel shameful enough or wrong enough upon returning home to develop the economy of Nigeria as seen in those OPEC countries.
Consider the Nigerian network of roads, for instance. In Nigeria, billions of dollars are budgeted for roads yearly. But the reality is that most of the Nigerian highways are deathtraps, filled with potholes, and ready to kill so many Nigerians. For the looters to continue to build up their foreign bank accounts, the roads have to be poorly designed, poorly constructed, and built with low-quality materials (watch the video above for an eyesore called road construction in Nigeria or click here). Many a time, some highways are abandoned to claim the lives of Nigerians. The point is that the looters who fly to those OPEC countries and enjoy their well-constructed roads have no shame or feel any remorse for the potholes called roads in oil-rich Nigeria.
5. IMD continues to create so many unpatriotic leaders and elites who hate Nigeria and consider Nigerian people incapable of scientific discoveries and breakthroughs. For the past three decades, a lot of Nigerian leaders and elites have abandoned the pursuit of quality education, and research Nigeria used to enjoy before the mid-80s only to send their children to schools in foreign countries and shamelessly hire international engineers to build Nigerian infrastructures.
With the looters, senselessness has no limit. It is well known that looters and their crony elites hardly visit the High Schools or Universities that produced them, let alone donate one Kobo to improve those schools. That most university Professors are selling their notes/handouts to students, do not bother them. That teachers often go on strike for low pay does not bother them. That so many university graduates can hardly write or display some mastery of what they studied in school do not bother them. That the buildings of their alma maters look like the house of dirty pigs with NO doors, windows, desks, chairs, libraries, etc., do not bother them. Why these looters are so busy destroying the cradle of civilization (Africa), and the black race is beyond human comprehension. This is so disgraceful.
6. IMD has practically rendered millions of Nigerians into non-disabled beggars. Our oil money that could have been used to create jobs, and provide real wage earnings is in the private bank accounts of the looters in some foreign countries creating jobs overseas. For decades now, the most lucrative career in Nigeria is to be a politician or have connections to politicians at all costs. So, the looters continue to work in cahoots with their crony elites to share and siphon, without mercy, Nigerian oil money overseas.
What is more bizarre and callous is that the looters draw tremendous pleasure watching and laughing at the unemployed poor as they beg them for money, and worship them more than they worship God. IMD has produced and continues to create so many sadistic, shameless leaders and elites who enjoy watching their fellow human beings suffer from hunger, malnutrition, and disease until they die. No animal will hate and treat its kind this way, and this is how lots of Nigerian leaders and elites are treating their fellow children of God. Unbelievable!
7. IMD has succeeded in keeping hundreds of thousands of Nigerian brains outside their fatherland in perpetuity, and here is one of the proofs of that brain drain: "Nigerian immigrants have the highest levels of education in the United States, surpassing whites and Asians, according to Census data" (Houston Chronicle or Saved Copy). Are the looters concerned about this brain drain? Of course, not! They NEVER think of the brains Nigeria has lost or continues to lose to this day. They never think of how and when Nigeria will be an industrialized society. They are only preoccupied with the sharing of the Nigerian oil money ONLY to send the loot and their children abroad and hire foreigners to build and maintain Nigerian infrastructures. What a feeling of inferiority, low self-esteem, and the destruction of the black race!
8. IMD has permeated the general population and shamelessly normalized some behaviors that are abnormal, immoral, shameful, obscene, and unGodly. IMD has created generational destruction in Nigeria as the looters have succeeded, in the last three decades, in teaching most Nigerians that the job of an effective leader is to hate the people, rob them and hide the loot abroad. Indeed, blatant lies, deceit, buying and selling exam questions, buying and selling university degrees, and all sorts of corrupt practices have become standard ways of life to so many Nigerians. The fact is that truth has died among so many Nigerians. Trust is dead among so many Nigerians. So many business and social partnerships in Nigeria are on the verge of total collapse because of trust issues. Now, you wonder: What kind of relationship will people have in society if truth and trust die? What is a happy life without honesty and faith?
Fellow compatriots, there is a state of emergency in Nigeria. Nigeria is in trouble - big trouble. Indeed, candidate (and now President) Buhari was correct when he made the following statement about five years ago: "If Nigeria does not kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria." An evil ideology, IMD, is the engine of corruption and looting all over Nigeria. IMD has eaten far deep into the bodies and souls of so many Nigerian leaders and their crony elites that the ONLY thing that matters to them is how to rob fellow Nigerians only to hide the loot abroad. This sinful, senseless ideology must be courageously rejected and boldly destroyed NOW if Nigeria could be saved and the people enjoy their OPEC nation.
III. THE SOLUTIONS TO IMD
Patriotic leaders with common sense and courage approach crises by legislating and enforcing sensible laws through an impartial administration of justice. Unfortunately for Nigerians, IMD makes a whole mockery of the Nigerian laws and the entire judiciary. As such, often those who rob the country only to hide the loot abroad are NOT brought to justice - they are head and shoulder above the laws of the land. Similarly, passionate, caring leaders love their countries and their people. Sadly for Nigerians, most leaders and their cronies hate Nigeria and Nigerian people with everything in them and continue to rob and starve the people to death. It is in recognition of these two deplorable, harsh realities in Nigeria that the Umez Foundation is searching for a solution where success could be found, namely, the HEARTS OF MEN.
Accordingly, I appeal to the hearts of ALL Nigerian leaders (shameless looters and the good ones) and the general public through the lenses of COMMON SENSE and COURAGE to declare war against IMD. Let me start with "common sense" because the lack of it is the foundation of IMD.
(A) Common Sense: King Solomon asked for wisdom - the common sense, he did NOT ask God to help him rob his people. He knew that common sense (defined as "good sense and sound judgment in practical matters") would make him a successful leader that would serve his people well - after all, "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul." Similarly, Plato argued that only the "philosopher kings" (i.e., lovers of wisdom, who possess "the intelligence, reliability, and a willingness to live a simple life") should govern because they aim to discover a beautiful city and maintain it for their people. Indeed, to the progressives, common sense is sacrosanct; hence, "a handful of common sense is worth a bushel of learning."
I defined common sense FIRST because a lot of Nigerians tend to believe that mere possession of university degrees and chains of titles mean common sense. This is bunkum! Experience and history debunked this belief since time immemorial, even though some use those degrees to intimidate some people. Academic degrees are nothing other than certifications for completing some formal training - they have little to do with "good sense and sound judgment in practical matters." Indeed, an intelligent person is an intelligent person - formally educated or not. Again, "a handful of common sense is worth a bushel of learning."